What is MailFilter?
- MailFilter is an email filtering service designed to protect your InBox from SPAM, unwanted newsletters and emails containing viruses or malicious content
Does it block everything?
- MailFilter is backed by one of the leading vendors in the world providing 99.9% spam detection rate with less than 0.01% false-positives
- No product is able to block all SPAM or all emails with viruses and there will always be emails that are blocked by mistake
How does it work?
- There's no hardware or software to install
- Email is routed via online mail servers where the email is filtered before being delivered to your mailbox or e-mail server
- Emails are checked against a constantly updated database of SPAM mails and viruses and scored accordingly. Emails are then either blocked or allowed through
What happens if an email is blocked?
- You will receive an email summary report (like the example shown below) showing all emails that have been blocked. One click and it can be delivered
- Or you can logon via https://mailfilter.cambridgehelpdesk.com
How are emails rated or categorised?
Once an email has been checked it is scored and placed into a relevant category
Email content and the sender are considered safe
Email has been flagged as Spam (Usually due to Sender, IP, Subject or Content)
This looks like it could be a newsletter. Bulk detection can be turned off companywide or per user if you don't require it
Based on previous detection rates of this email, IP address, Sender or Content this email is almost certainly Spam
This email contains a virus and has been blocked
This email has been blocked based on a policy. For example, some companies might wish to block all emails with zip files attached
- Yes, just go to https://mailfilter.cambridgehelpdesk.com
- Login using your email address and MailFilter password. The first time you login you'll need to create a new password
- Or you can click the auto login button from a MailFilter email summary
Can I add someone to the Whitelist or Blacklist?
- Yes, you can either click 'Deny' on the email summary; login to MailFilterail or raise a ticket and we'll do it for you
I'm getting email through but it's going into my Junk folder in Outlook
- This will be an additional SPAM filter set in one of the following locations:-
- On your mail server
- Within Outlook or your email client
- Your antivirus/antispam software (e.g. ESET)